Founder, Principal & Managing Member
Mr. Lashley is a co-founder of PL Capital, LLC. Prior to co-founding PL Capital in 1996, Mr. Lashley was employed by KPMG, where he developed a specialization providing professional accounting and consulting services to numerous thrifts, banks and mortgage companies. In 1991, he was selected to be the Assistant to the National Industry Director of KPMG’s National Banking and Finance practice. In 1993, Mr. Lashley was promoted to the position of Director, KPMG Financial Services – Capital Strategies Group, a national corporate finance practice providing merger and acquisition advisory services to thrifts, banks, mortgage companies and other financial services companies. In this capacity, Mr. Lashley developed expertise in financial industry M & A, thrift mutual to stock conversions, valuation, capital restructurings, strategic planning and asset purchases and divestitures. Since 1992, Mr. Lashley and Mr. Palmer have served as financial advisors in bank mergers with over $1.0 billion in transaction value. Mr. Lashley resigned from KPMG in early 1996 in order to focus on the formation of PL Capital, LLC.
Mr. Lashley has served as the Assistant to the Chairman of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Savings Institutions Committee in Washington, D.C. and as a member of the AICPA Ad Hoc Committee on FDICIA. He has extensive experience working with banking regulators, the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory agencies on a national and regional level. He has presented at numerous corporate governance and banking industry conferences and been frequently quoted in banking and investment publications.
Mr. Lashley is currently a member of the Board of Directors of:
- Banc of California, Inc. a publicly traded $10 billion in assets bank based in Santa Ana, CA
Mr. Lashley was formerly a member of the Board of Directors of:
- MutualFirst Financial, Inc., a publicly-traded $2.0 billion in assets bank holding company based in Muncie, IN.
- Metro Bancorp, Inc., a publicly-traded $3.0 billion in assets bank holding company based in Harrisburg, PA.
- State Bancorp, Inc., a publicly-traded $1.7 billion in assets bank holding company located in Long Island, New York and New York City.
- BCSB Bancorp, Inc, a publicly traded $600 million in assets bank holding company based in Baltimore, MD.
- Community FSB Holding Co., a $65 million in assets thrift holding company located in Queens, NY.
- Haven Bancorp, Inc., a publicly-traded $3.0 billion in assets thrift holding company located in Queens, New York and the Advisory Board of New York Community Bancorp, the acquirer of Haven Bancorp.
- Security Financial Bancorp, Inc., a publicly-traded $200 million in assets thrift holding company located in St. John, Indiana.
- Franklin Bancorp, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary Franklin Bank, NA, a $600 million in assets commercial bank located in Detroit, MI.
- Central Bancorp, Inc., a $500 million in assets thrift holding company in Somerville, MA, and its wholly owned bank subsidiary, Central Co-Operative Bank.
- Clever Ideas, Inc., a privately-held specialty finance company located in Chicago, Illinois.
Mr. Lashley qualifies as a “financial expert,” as that term is defined by the Sarbanes Oxley Act for members of audit committees of boards of directors of publicly-held companies.
Mr. Lashley received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from Oswego State University in 1980 and an MBA degree in Accounting from Rutgers University in 1984. Mr. Lashley placed in the top 10% of his class at both Oswego State and Rutgers.
Mr. Lashley is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in New Jersey (status inactive). He is the former Chairman of the Oswego College School of Business Capital Campaign and a member of the Rutgers University Business School Finance Advisory Board.